To qualify for membership, applicants must score in the top 2% of the population on the admission test. There is no other basis for membership,
whoever you are, whatever you do.
No preparation is needed for the test, but you must be aged 14 or over to take the test and living in Hong Kong.
For enquiries, please contact us at [email protected].
The Mensa Admission Test Dates Coming Up Are
- Reservation is required three days (72 hours) before the test date, and admission is on a first-come-first-served basis. No walk-ins are allowed.
- All tests take place in Central. You will receive a confirmation email with exact venue of the test only after you have (1) paid for the test AND (2) submit your personal information.
- Candidates should arrive 20 minutes before the test session. Late-comers will be asked to reschedule the test.
- Please bring your own pen or pencil, the confirmation letter and your Hong Kong ID card/ Other identity documentation will NOT be accepted.
- If you are qualified to join Mensa, the membership dues are HK$250 per annum ($125 if you are under 21 when fees become due).
- If you fail the test for the first time, you are entitled to re-take the test free of charge once at any time between 6 months and 18 months after the date of your test, retaking the test within 6 months of the first attempt is strictly prohibited under any circumstances,
- A person is subject to a maximum of 2 attempts in the admission test of Hong Kong Mensa in a lifetime. Any further attempts shall be disqualified immediately with no refund of test fee.
- You will be notified when the result is out. Since this test only serves as an entry test for Hong Kong Mensa, it should NOT be taken as a comprehensive IQ test. The result is either Yes or No, the exact score will NOT be disclosed.
- There will be no refund of any paid test fees.